If you have been hurt in a car accident, motorcycle accident or injured as a pedestrian by the negligence of a driver call us for a free consultation. We understand that the recovery period after an injury can be a stressful time for you and your family. You may have concerns about your income, treatment costs, mortgage or other finances. We strive to help you through this accident recovery period by dealing directly with ICBC so that you can concentrate on what’s most important to you – getting better.
It’s important to get legal advice early after you’ve been injured. You need to evaluate your legal rights and obligations so that your interests are protected. We can help you navigate the claims process. We do not represent ICBC and we will look out for you. Call us to obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
If you are involved in an accident you should:
- Exchange information with all the drivers involved in the accident.
- Get the names of all the witnesses at the accident scene.
- Call the police to report the accident. If it is a serious accident they will attend at the scene.
- If you have been injured, go to the Emergency department of the nearest hospital.
- Report your claim to ICBC Dial-A-Claim by calling 1-800-910-4222. Make arrangements to have your vehicle examined by an ICBC estimator and the damage assessed.
- If it’s possible, take lots of pictures at the accident scene and of your injuries.
- If you’re thinking about suing, write out what happened, make a diagram of the accident scene – the more details you can remember the better, and do not share this with anyone other than your lawyer.
- Call us for a free consultation before talking to ICBC.
There are limitation periods that you need to be aware of. If you do not take certain steps before these periods expire your ability to make a claim against the wrongdoer or a claim for no fault benefits may expire. Call us right way to avoid missing any important deadlines.
Before you negotiate with ICBC, call us first. We can help you explore your options and resolve the matter to your satisfaction. We have your best interest in mind – always.